How To Sell Your House Faster In Any Market
Need to sell your house as soon as possible, and at a good price? This article is all you need to do just that! Selling a real estate property can be a headache, especially when you want to do it quickly. Luckily, you can follow some tried-and-true strategies to sell your home in no time.
There are essentially three methods to sell a house:
- Let a real estate agent handle everything
- Try to sell your property through the FSBO (for sale by owner) route
- Or, try to find a cash offer
By the end of this article, you’ll know which method is the right one for you.
Let’s dive in.
Declutter Your Home
One of the first things you want to do is, make your home clutter-free. Clean up the yard and remove anything unnecessary from the sight. Make your home’s exterior seamless. As far as your home’s interior is concerned, a deep clean can make it a lot more desirable. Let’s give you some more tips on how to declutter your fixer-upper for selling:
- Make your rooms look bigger by eliminating everything that occupies space
- Keep the storage spaces and cabinets organized and clean
- Remove any posters and family photos from the walls
Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal
Make your house look appealing to potential buyers through landscaping and illuminating it with natural light. Your home’s first impression is probably going to be the last one, so make it count. Here are a few more tips on making your house more desirable:
- Plant fresh flowers
- Trim hedges
- Spruce up your garden
- Fix any broken light fixtures
- Clean the windows
- Remove excess furniture
- Apply a coat of paint if necessary
Make Necessary Repairs
Whether your property has been sitting idle for a while or hosting people, it most likely needs a few small upgrades. To sell a fixer-upper fast, it’s important that you keep it in a good condition. When your home is in its best shape, you can expect buyers to give top dollar for it. That said, you don’t have to worry too much about repairs. Most buyers can take care of renovations themselves.
Here are a few important repairs to take care of as a seller:
- Patch any spots where paint is peeled off
- Replace broken tiles
- Make sure the door handles are working fine
- Replace leaky faucets
While not necessary, you may also want to do just a few upgrades to make your home stand out.
- Apply a fresh coat on every storage unit
- Replace old and rusty light fixtures
Ask Yourself: Who are Your Potential Buyers?
Try to only attract buyers that are right for your house. You don’t want multiple offers from as many buyers as possible. This will only delay the process.
There are three types of home buyers:
- Remodelers: Remodelers are real estate investors who buy properties, “remodel” them and then sell them for a profit. So, even if your house needs quite a few repairs, you can sell it as-is to remodelers.
- Flippers: A real estate investor that buys a home to sell it is a flipper. Flippers buy and “flip” houses for a profit. But, they don’t tend to go through extensive repairs or remodels. They buy a house, fix things on the surface, and flip them for a profit.
- Deal Hunters: These are people that can’t afford a new house in your neighborhood and are waiting for the best price. They can’t afford renovations or even certain repairs, which makes them an ideal buyer for as-is selling.
What’s Your Selling Strategy?
Once you have filtered out the right buyer for your home, you need to decide on your strategy. You can go one of the three ways:
- FSBO (For Sale By Owner): This is when home sellers put their houses on sale themselves. FSBO sales can be more profitable as you are doing the job yourself. But, you do have to compensate with your time and some real estate knowledge. For instance, you decide the asking price and negotiate with potential buyers or their agents yourself.
- Real Estate Agents: An experienced real estate agent can be handy, especially when you don’t know the ins and outs of the real estate market. However, if you want to work with the right real estate agent to sell your home fast, you need to know this: Real estate sales tend to be slower, and you are looking to sell quickly.
- Cash Buyers: The third and fastest way to sell your home is by finding the right cash buyer. Cash offers are also cost-effective because you don’t have to pay a commission fee for them.
Set the Right Asking Price
In order to avoid wasting any time bargaining with a prospective buyer, you want to set a realistic price right off the bat. Because the buyer’s agent would most likely try for the price reduction. After all, real estate is an open market. And, you might have to bring the price down eventually if you set it too high. So, determine the market value of your home and set a price that makes sense. Or, have a real estate professional do that for you.
Market Your Property
You might not have to do a lot of marketing if your house is in a hot market. However, if your local market is tough, you’d have to go hard at marketing. If you want to go the FSBO route, you will have to upload your listing on relevant platforms like Zillow.
However, the process can be a little overwhelming for a homeowner. Especially when you don’t have the knowledge of this market. If that sounds like you, you might want to outsource your marketing efforts to a professional.
Have a Flexible Showing Schedule
When selling your house quickly is the goal, it’s a good idea to be a little flexible with showings. You want to show your home to as many prospective buyers as possible. So, adjust the timings to accommodate all types of buyers if you want to make a quick sale.
Hold an open house: Well-managed open houses on the weekend are a great way to sell fast.
Allow private showings: Interested buyers might request a private showing. Be accommodating!
Show Quality Photos to Sell Your House Fast
When you want to sell your home quickly, working with a professional photographer can be a good investment. You can clean your home and make it desirable for a target buyer. But, what good would it do if you don’t put it in front of enough eyeballs? So, optimize your property listing with high-quality professional photos to attract more prospects.
Moreover, write a powerful description, highlighting the most appealing features of your property. Great copy can help you sell fast. Here are some tips on how to write a compelling property description:
- Highlight the most attractive features of your home
- Upload quality photos of your property
- Write the positives of your home’s neighborhood
If you are not operating in a seller’s market, offering different incentives might help you sell your house fast.
A small gesture can make a huge difference. You can offer anything that might sound appealing to the buyers. Here are a few possible incentives:
- Offer an upfront repair credit
- Offer your own agent
- Offer to cover the buyer’s closing costs
- Offer an appliance as a complimentary gift
- Offer to cover deep cleaning costs
You would have a better chance of selling your home for more money if you offer attractive incentives.
Should You Work with a Real Estate Agent?
Normally, when you don’t need to sell your house fast, real estate agents are probably the best option. The best real estate agent knows what they are doing, and can even sell your home at a great price. However, agent-assisted sales tend to be time-consuming.
And, time is a commodity you can’t afford to waste in your situation. Note that before any real estate transactions, make sure to seek the services of an agent or a professional.
Find a Cash Buyer
As already mentioned, cash offers can not only save your time but also put more money in your wallet. There are no closing costs or agent commissions to pay even if you work with cash offer experts like ASAP Cash Offer.
Here is how we can help:
- Analyzing the local market and coming up with the right asking price
- handling the paperwork
- Getting a guaranteed offer
- Selling your home fast
- Putting more money in your wallet
Still not sure what path to take to sell your fixer-upper? You can jump on a quick call with us right now; we will help you pick the right strategy. So, what are you waiting for?
If you need to sell your house as quickly as possible, without having to pay any fees, ASAP Cash Offer can help!
Even if you are still confused what’s the right path to sell your house, get on a call with our expert! We will guide you towards the fastest route! Let us do all the heavy lifting by letting us know more information about your property so we can assess the condition and current AS-IS value. ASAP Cash Offer will be able to give you a fair all-cash offer on your property simply by calling (858)302-8913 or filling out the form below.